Raven’s Top Ten – Favorite Books
Hello Friends, this is my top 10 favorite books. Again this list has no order ready? Let’s go. Just know some may repeat.
- J.K Rowling I love all of her books. If it wasn’t for my daughter I would have missed out on a wonderful series.
- Charles Dickens gave me shiver with his book A Christmas Carol
- Almost everything Mr. Stephen King has written. I love his haunting style. Reading his works made me want to walk the dark line of one’s mind.
- J.R.R. Tolkien. His imagination gave us elves, trolls, and hobbits. There is no one that has such a vivid way of storytelling.
- Okay, don’t laugh at this one but Dr. Seuss. His words and new creatures had my kids and I sharing more special time together.
- Mr. Mystery himself Edgar Allan Poe. What can I say but I love his prose especially The Raven.
- The Color Purple by Ms. Alice Walker. When I first read this book I was in high school being bullied the same way Whoopie Goldberg’s character. She gave me strength the endure all the jokes and taunts.
- Beloved by Toni Morrison rocked my world. I was saddened by her death this year.
- I absolutely adore Maya Angelou. I know Why the Caged Bird Sings,Letter to My Daughter, and The Heart of a Woman just to name a few. I love her writing style whether in books or poems, you felt each word.
- Now, this next book I always give high props because most books I read in my youth were short all of them except Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon this book has 960 pages. It took me a bit to finish but I loved how well written it was and the descriptions created a slideshow in my brain that I can still see when though I haven’t read the book in ages.
- So if you haven’t read any of these wonderful books check them out.